Monday, January 15, 2007

January 15, 2007




Today January 15th is Dr. Martin Luther King's Birthday. When I was a child I thought I was related to Dr. King because, my parents always talked about him and I would see pictures of him all the time. As some one who loves history I have learned that he was not a perfect man, just a great one. So as I sit in my suburban home and type this I have to reflect and be grateful that Dr. King was willing to sacrfice his life so I could have the right to live the life I do today.

As you may have guessed that first photo is not mine. It was taken June 23, 1963 at the Detroit March to Freedom rally. The second photo was taken by me this past Friday after I left the hairdresser. This is SOOC. I am a PSE4 newbie so any tips on how to make this picture better are welcome.

6 comments:

Carolyn said...

great post...i love your tribute to dr. martin luther king

Krissynae said...

Love the tribute. I like the idea of the photo but it looks like the weather was against you, of course nothing you could change. Maybe if the weather allows maybe a closer shot because the other signs & poles take away

Kathy said...

Great post for today~!
I really like the colors in the 2nd one, the only thing I see is that the stop sign and other sign are interfering.

Donna said...

what a wonderful tribute to an amazing man. TFS

Andrea said...

Great tribute, and your sign picture is very cool. I agree that maybe a little closer in would look cool, but I do like how the sky looks behind it.

Brown English Muffin said...

That's funny that you thought you were related to Martin...did your parents at least talk fondly of him? Did you think he was the good uncle or the bad one! LOL You know how there's always those good family members then the ones your warned to stay clear off!!!

You should have turned that second photo to black and white...it was would have looked nice next to the first one!!!

Anyway you're been tagged on my blog...click here for my first challenege of 07!